- 7-8 cups sliced apples, cores and stems removed. (I used apples from my apple tree.)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. liquid from boiling the apples
- Boil the apples, you should be left with about 6 cups of mushy apples. If you stick an apple slice with a fork, it should slip off your fork. This is how you know they are ready. Reserve 1/2 cup of the water from boiling the apples for use later.
- Place apples, lemon juice, cinnamon and water from boiling the apples into a VitaMix or food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Eat on its own, or, use as a subsititue for oil in your favorite baking recipes.
- Store in the refrigerator in a mason jar or other air-tight container until use. Up to one month.